It’s a Friday evening, and you realize it’s been a while since you and your significant other has had some time together. You make plans to but they soon fall through once your daughter calls and asks you to baby sit at the last minute. That gives you 2 hours of togetherness and 6+ hours of being referred to as “Grandma/grandpa”. What do you do?
Don’t look at this as a loss. Make the most of your time!
Here are 6 steps to enjoying 2 hours of togetherness:
1) Close your curtains/blinds and turn on a lamp that’s furthest away from you. This is a very easy and energy efficient way to set a relaxed ambience.
2) Turn the thermostat down and grab a blanket large enough for just the two of you to fit under it
3) Pour a glass of red wine. Why red? Because it’s healthy and has just enough bubble for you to feel all warm and cozy
4) Light some candles! Remember…it’s all about placement; your candles should diagonally face the position of the lamp OR should be directly in front of you and your lover’s viewpoint.
5) Turn on some romantic tunes. Cut the volume down low so that while you are talking you can only hear the music. Once you stop talking you can hear the music and the lyrics clearly. This fall to silence creates an intense aura; and all that’s left for you to do is stare into your lover’s eyes.
6) The last way to end a quick but very pleasant evening is to dance. After a moment of talking and reconnecting in close proximity, get up and dance. When was the last time you’ve grabbed your hunny by the hand and swayed across the floor? All it takes is one song to cap the evening with your one and true love. Get to moving, and fall into the sway of the tunes, bask in the ambience aura, and let love have its way.
Trust us, this will be 2 hours well spent, but don’t get too tired because before you know it there’ll be a knock at the door!