It is no secret that as we age, our skin becomes drier and less elastic. With aging our skin becomes rougher, fragile, and transparent. This is no way to reverse signs of aging, but there are countless alternatives to surgery that help rejuvenate our skin for a healthy natural glow. One of those alternatives is oatmeal. This popular breakfast staple has feed millions of Americans for over 200 years. Not only has it combated hunger, but it has deposited soothing qualities and offers great benefits for our skin.
A little science behind oatmeal
- Rids skin of dryness; moisturize by removing symptoms of dry skin (such as itching, scales, peeling, and rashes) and dead skin cells.
- Acts as a natural cleanser by removing oil and dirt without irritating the skin
- Proteins found in oatmeal help protect the skin from harsh chemicals
To improve the health of your face and skin with a healthy, yet, inexpensive masque try whipping up an oatmeal masque with items already in your kitchen! The recipe can be adjusted to fit your skin’s needs and can be applied to other areas on the body. Again, this masque with aid in alleviating dryness and improves skin’s elasticity.
1 tablespoon of raw oatmeal
1/4 cup of almond milk (unsweetened)
1/2 teaspoon of honey
- Warm mixture in microwave 20 seconds or until masque thickens
- Apply on freshly clean surface of face or body
- Leave on face for 20 minutes
- Rinse off with luke-warm water