Smartphones are today’s undisputed craze. Need an address? Check your phone. In need of entertainment? Use an app on your phone. With so many options on the market, such as sleek designs and unique features, it can become overwhelming to choose your best pick. To make it a little easier for you, we will be sharing tips to help you broaden your technology awareness. To start we’ve chosen the top three smartphones along with their 3 most notable features that make them stand out amongst a dozen others.
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
- Rapid Charge allows users to take their empty batteries to at least 50% [full] within 30 minutes.
- Ultra Power saving mode gives you great battery life. Once the feature is cut on, the display screen will become black and white. Also, the LTE will be disabled and will only have access to 6 applications. The three apps that are automatically shown are phone call, messaging, and internet and the remaining three will be of your choice. The only stipulation is that the other 3 apps that are chosen will have to be compatible with this mode.
- Multitasking mode allows users to have two running windows open at the same time or two different apps showing at the same time.
iPhone 6 Plus
- The camera in Apple’s latest device is superior. iPhones have always been known to take really good pictures, but with the 6Plus, users are exposed to even better camera qualities. With the camera features, not only are there great quality photos and videos but there’s also image stabilization which stops shaky videos, there’s crisp and slow motion video.
- Landscape mode gives users access to more options, content, and controls. Use this feature especially with the keyboard and for your mail. On the keyboard, it allows for easier typing and more characters to be displayed. Use landscape mode when checking your email, and a list of mail will be shown on the left side of the screen while the content of a message is shown on the right.
- Use Apple Pay to make purchases at select shopping locations. It’s a one-touch checkout. Pay for items by holding your phone to a pay terminal at register, when asked to pay. It uses Touch ID to insure user’s protection. No card information is shared with merchant.
Samsung Galaxy S5
- Heartrate sensor checks heartrate. Users can place their finger on the sensor, located on the back of the device. This feature allows you to keep up with beats-per-minute. As the finger is held on the senor, the actual recording of heart rate information is shown on the display screen.
- Motion Tracker is great to use as a pedometer and can help users retrace their steps. This feature recalls previous information from your walking steps. This is ideal to use if you are very active and like to record specifics in your workout routine.
- This device is Dust proof/water resistant. If you happen to be accident-prone or frequent in conditions where there’s dust or water, then this feature is a must for you.